Philadelphia Slip and Fall Lawyers Hold Restaurant Owners Accountable for Unsafe Conditions
Helping you get back on your feet after a restaurant slip and fall accident
Restaurants are deceptively hazardous to the public. Waiters racing around tile floors with sauces and drinks often leads to hazardous conditions perfect for someone to be seriously injured by a slip and fall accident. Restaurants have a duty to keep walkways, dining rooms and bathrooms safe for patrons to freely move about common areas. Our Philadelphia slip and fall lawyers at McCann & Wall represent victims that have been harmed by unsafe floor conditions at restaurants. We recover compensation for you when you are not provided with the safety you deserve.
Elements needed to prevail in a Philadelphia restaurant slip and fall lawsuit
Restaurant slip and fall lawsuits have different evidentiary burdens than other traditional negligence lawsuits. To make matters more difficult, the most critical piece of evidence, what caused you to slip, can quickly be cleaned up by staff at the restaurant. You need an experienced Philadelphia slip and fall lawyer that knows how to build and win these challenging cases so you are not left bearing financial responsibility for your injuries and suffering. The elements necessary to win a Philadelphia restaurant slip and fall lawsuit include:
- Cause — You need to be able to prove that the hazard caused you to slip and that caused an injury to you.
- Failure — The property owner must have failed to either fix the slipping hazard or properly warn you of its existence.
- Injury — Possibly the most contested component of a slip and fall lawsuit is the injury element. The damages you receive depend on how much you are able to prove that the slip and fall specifically harmed you.
- Knowledge — You need to be able to prove that the property owner knew, or should have known, there was a dangerous condition on the property.
- Opportunity — The property owner must have been able to fix the problem or place clear warnings that the slipping hazard existed. Only a few moments can be enough opportunity to fix the hazard before the potential for liability exists.
What should you do when you slip and fall at a Philadelphia restaurant?
Establishing a clear record of the injury is critical to the potential success of your lawsuit. Immediately notify the manager that you were harmed from a slip and fall. You want the restaurant to document the incident. Do not let the restaurant’s staff clean up the hazard. If you or someone with you are able to, take pictures of the hazard before anyone tries to clean up the spill. This can be critical evidence for your case. Then get medical treatment. Slip and fall injuries often have devastating impacts on your neck and spine without you realizing it right away. Finally, call our Philadelphia restaurant slip and fall attorneys as soon as possible so that we can get to work on your case and recovering the compensation you deserve.
If you Slipped and Fell at a Restaurant due to unsafe conditions, contact a Knowledgeable Philadelphia Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer at McCann & Wall, LLC
The Philadelphia personal injury lawyers at McCann & Wall, LLC, are committed to making the city a safer place for everyone. Holding restaurant owners accountable for injuries caused by negligence is the first step. Schedule a free initial consultation by calling us at 215-569-8488 or 302-888-1221 by contacting us online. We represent clients throughout Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, including Chester County, Delaware County and Montgomery County.