Philadelphia Slip and Fall Lawyers
Securing damages from property owners and managers
When a person or company owns property, they are responsible for maintaining a safe and clean environment. Failure to maintain the grounds or building can lead to dangerous situations for guests, employees or residents, and you can be seriously injured in a fall. The Philadelphia slip and fall accident lawyers at McCann & Wall aggressively pursue the monetary damages you are owed for pain and suffering after a slip and fall accident.
The most common places slip and fall accidents happen
The following are a few important areas that property owners should pay special attention to in terms of maintenance and safety in order to protect their guests, tenants and employees.
- Parking lots: While owners may take care to maintain walking paths and entrances to their property, they may not consider the safety of driving surfaces, which can become icy in winter, or slippery due to fluid leaks from visiting vehicles
- Sidewalk: Sidewalks are exposed to the weather, debris and a great deal of foot traffic, which can cause unexpected wear and obstructions that lead to dangerous walking conditions
- Stairs and ramps: Steps and inclines can increase the risk of losing balance and falling or losing one’s footing on slippery surfaces
- Work sites: Unfinished flooring, temporary platforms, and various tools and cords can make construction sites and other work environments hazardous and prone to accidents, even though OSHA and other regulations should prevent these sorts of incidents
Whatever the cause, property owners are always responsible for keeping their property free from hazards and to reduce the risk of injuries to those that live in, work in or visit their location.
Even if an owner employs a maintenance company, it is likely your best bet to file a claim against the owner. It is then their prerogative to pursue the maintenance company. Of course, all slip and fall accidents are different and you should contact a premises liability attorney for a consultation specific to your case.
Typical injuries in slip and fall accidents range from minor to severe
A fall may seem simple, but it can affect your life in a variety of ways, including serious injuries like:
- Back and head trauma: Falling onto your head or back can result in concussion, contusion or spinal cord injuries, limiting cognitive abilities or mobility
- Hip, ankle, wrist and arm fractures: Any fall can move a joint the wrong way or strike a limb too hard, breaking the bone and requiring weeks or months to heal
- Lacerations: If there is trash or debris at the site of a slip and fall, the accident can result in cuts, scrapes or even deeper wounds, which can be life-threatening in certain cases
If you’re Suffering or Missing Work Due to a Slip and Fall Accident, Contact the Philadelphia Slip and Fall Lawyers at McCann & Wall, LLC
At McCann & Wall, LLC, Philadelphia personal injury lawyers have more than 26 years combined experience fighting on behalf of injured clients, including trying cases in court. Get your best chance at full compensation with our knowledgeable approach to your case. Contact us online or by phone at 215-569-8488 or 302-888-1221. Our Philadelphia offices are conveniently located downtown, across the street from City Hall, a short distance from the train, subway and trolley. Or if you can’t come to us, we’ll come to you. We serve clients in Pennsylvania, Delaware and New Jersey.