Philadelphia Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Trust McCann & Wall to secure full and fair compensation for your injury
According to the National Highway Transit Safety Association (NHTSA,) more than 76,000 pedestrians are hit by cars and trucks on U.S. roadways. Those pedestrians suffer injuries ranging from minor bumps and bruises to life altering brain and spinal cord injuries. An unfortunate number of those victims lose their lives. Philadelphia pedestrian accident victims have the right to pursue compensation for losses caused by negligent drivers. If you or a loved one have been injured in a pedestrian accident, it is important to seek the advice of an experienced lawyer.
At McCann & Wall, LLC, our Philadelphia pedestrian accident lawyers know how difficult it can be to understand your legal rights, and focus on legal proceedings, when dealing with an injury or loss. By creating a detailed case demonstrating the other party’s negligence, the extent of your injuries and the losses you have sustained, we pursue the maximum compensation available.
We represent victims and family members who have suffered a wide range of injuries and losses, including:
- Broken bones
- Brain and head injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Internal injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Loss of life
Proving fault is the first and most important step in recovering compensation
Like any other type of personal injury case, the first step in recovering compensation is to clearly demonstrate that the other party, or a third party, holds fault for the accident.
In pedestrian accident cases, there are several parties that may hold some responsibility and liability, including:
- The driver of the striking vehicle: Drivers who fail to give pedestrians the right of way or strike a pedestrian on the side of the road may be liable. Driver negligence, whether caused by distracted driving, impaired driving or another factor, is a common cause of pedestrian accidents on Pennsylvania roadways.
- The pedestrian themselves: While it is easy to assume that the driver of the vehicle is at fault, in some cases pedestrians may have some culpability for their injuries. Pedestrians who fail to stay within designated crosswalks or sidewalks may present unnecessary danger to themselves and drivers on the road. Pedestrians who disobey traffic control signals or dart into traffic also present hazards. In these situations, the pedestrian may hold some fault for an accident.
- A third party: In some pedestrian accident cases, a third party may hold some fault for the victim’s injuries. Organizations or property owners that fail to provide adequate protection for pedestrians may be held liable for their negligence. Municipalities are commonly explored as third party accident contributors.
Our Philadelphia pedestrian injury attorneys work closely with accident reconstruction experts and medical professionals to gather the evidence needed to identify the negligent party and prove their fault.
We explore every strategy available to find justice for victims injured in pedestrian accidents
Our Philadelphia pedestrian accident lawyers are highly skilled negotiators and litigators. This allows us to help you explore various options during your pursuit of compensation, including:
- Settlement negotiation: In some situations, negotiating a settlement may be the most effective and painless method of resolving a pedestrian accident case. The opportunity to favorably obtain compensation through settlement negotiation depends upon the details of your case, the extent of your injuries and the insurance company’s stance. If you wish to explore the settlement negotiation process, our attorneys will aggressively state your case and advocate for the maximum settlement possible. Of course, if we feel that a settlement does not adequately cover your losses and future expenses, we will help you explore alternative legal options.
- Courtroom litigation: Should a settlement prove to be impossible or against your best interests, we will pursue a judgment in court. Our years of litigation experience, knowledge of the law and strong reputation through the area, allow us to approach your court proceedings from a position of power. By crafting a strong case from the beginning, we are able to demonstrate the other party’s fault and your eligibility for compensation.
Discuss Your Case With One of Our Experienced Philadelphia Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
At McCann & Wall, LLC, our knowledge of state personal injury laws and the unique challenges associated with pedestrian accidents have allowed us to successfully represent countless accident victims in Philadelphia courts. Our Philadelphia pedestrian accident lawyers are happy to share the insight gained during these many cases, allowing you to gain perspective into your legal options and your rights. To schedule a free consultation to discuss your case with one of our experienced Philadelphia pedestrian accident attorneys, contact us online or call our office at 215-569-8488 or 302-888-1221.