Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyers
Representing Accident Victims Suffering from Serious Injuries
Traumatic accidents have a long-lasting impact on your physical and financial well-being. Serious accidents and medical errors can lead to life-altering injuries and impediments to your health and well-being. Victims suffering paralysis, cognitive disabilities, nerve damage and other disorders are left unable to work or take care of themselves. At McCann & Wall, our Philadelphia injury lawyers understand the effect that serious injuries can have victims and their families, and we fight to secure the maximum compensation from every claim.
Most common accident injuries
Our attorneys have experience with a variety personal injury claims. We always bring a personal level of dedication and responsiveness to our cases, especially when working with serious injury victims. We handle claims that involve various types of injuries including but not limited to the following:
- Brain injuries – Concussions and other traumatic head injuries can cause cognitive impairment, debilitated motor function and death.
- Burn injuries – Burns disfigure victims and leave them in constant pain, affecting their mental well-being and relationships with others.
- Catastrophic injuries– Catastrophic injuries are serious, life-changing injuries that dramatically alter your way of life and your ability to work or care for yourself.
- Children’s injuries – Injuries incurred in childhood can have long-term, lasting effects. Our experienced attorneys help ensure your child gets maximum compensation for medical expenses, future medical care and more.
- Eye injuries/Vision loss – An eye injury can have devastating, life-altering impacts. McCann & Wall fight for injured victims who sustain serious eye injuries.
- FELA injuries – Railroad accident and injury claims are unique and often involve federal laws such as the Federal Employers’ Liability Act. Our attorneys have the experience necessary in this area of the law to make a successful claim on your behalf.
- Fractures/broken bones – Fractures and broken bones often occur in car accidents an work accidents. Depending on the severity of your injury and the cause of your injury, you may be entitled to significant compensation.
- Hearing loss – Workers who are routinely exposed to hazardous levels of noise may suffer hearing loss and be eligible to receive Workers’ Compensation benefits.
- Loss of limbs or amputation – An accident can have a permanent and profound impact on your life and how you perform even simple tasks.
- Neck and back injuries – Back and neck injuries can occur in a motor vehicle accident or as a result of repetitive strain, heavy lifting and other work-related activities.
- Paralysis – Paralysis is a permanent catastrophic injury that severely impacts the lives of victims.
- Shoulder injuries – Shoulder injuries can affect your ability to work and may require surgery or immobilization.
- Spinal cord injuries – Whether from a car accident, surgery mistake or a fall, can leave you in chronic pain from nerve damage, or even partially or fully paralyzed.
- Sprains/strains – Sprains and strains are temporary injuries that often occur in slip and fall accidents.
- Whiplash – Whiplash injuries often affect car accident victims. They vary in severity and may have serious long term effects.
Effects of serious injuries can last a lifetime
Beyond the obvious physical trauma of a serious injury, an accident or health crisis can have a severe impact on other aspects of your life, such as your financial well-being. Our attorneys will look at all the ways that your accident will affect you, including the consequences of:
- Medical costs. Traumatic injuries often require emergency medical treatment, plus long-term care, therapy and medication, all of which can cost a lot of money. Your insurance may or may not cover these costs, and if you lose your job, you’ll need to find a new way to pay for this care. Filing a personal injury claim can help you secure funds to pay for it all
- Lost income. Your injuries may leave you unable to work, either full-time or at all. This puts you or your family in a difficult financial situation, but you were the victim of an accident, you are eligible to receive damages to compensate for losing your livelihood
- Emotional trauma. Chronic pain, loss of income and other effects on your life can all affect your mood and personality, not to mention the stress of undergoing medical treatments and fighting insurance companies for damages. This can take a psychological toll on your well-being and your health.
Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyers at McCann & Wall, LLC Help Injured Victims Seek Justice and Compensation
If you have suffered an injury as the result of another party’s negligence or misconduct, you may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. Experienced Philadelphia personal injury lawyers at McCann & Wall will review your case at no charge to determine your best course of legal action. Call 215-569-8488 or 302-888-1221, or contact us online to schedule your free consultation at one of our five personal injury law offices. Or if you can’t come to us, we’ll come to you. We represent clients throughout Philadelphia, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County as well as throughout the states of Delaware and New Jersey.