Respected Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyers Seek Justice for Victims of Wrong Way Accidents
Fighting for those injured by negligent drivers
According to the National Transportation Safety Board, approximately 10 percent of accidents occurring on U.S. highways and freeways involve wrong way drivers. Many of these driving the wrong way accidents lead to severe and debilitating injuries to those involved. An unfortunate number of wrong way driving accidents lead to loss of life.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a Philadelphia motor vehicle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for related losses. At McCann & Wall, LLC, our serious injury lawyers provide a mix of compassionate guidance and aggressive representation to victims who have suffered a wide range of injuries and losses in wrong way driving accidents, including:
- Back and neck injuries
- Brain and head injuries
- Broken bones
- Loss of a loved one
- Spinal cord injuries
What is a wrong way driving accident?
The NTSB defines wrong way driving accidents as a “collision involving vehicular movement along a travel lane in a direction opposing the legal flow of traffic on high-speed, divided highways or access ramps.” In short, wrong way driving accidents involve a driver who incorrectly enters an on ramp or off-ramp, or drives the incorrect way on the highway.
Philadelphia wrong way driving accidents are most commonly caused by a number of specific factors, including:
- Drunk driving: Alcohol and drug use plays a role in a large percentage of Philadelphia wrong way driving accidents. When a driver loses the ability to properly navigate roadways, the potential for accidents and severe injuries dramatically increases.
- Disoriented drivers: Wrong way driving accidents often involve drivers who are disoriented or unfamiliar with the roadway. Tourists, inexperienced drivers and elderly drivers are demographics most often connected to disoriented driving.
- Distracted driving: Much like in other types of accidents, distracted driving plays a significant role in many wrong way collisions. Distractions ranging from mobile phone usage, drinking, eating and adjusting the radio are common factors in wrong way driving accidents in Philadelphia.
- Mental health issues: While it is impossible to determine the true cause of some wrong way drivers’ actions, officials believe there exists a correlation between mental health issues and wrong way driving accidents. Suicide by car accident has been listed as a potential factor in a number of wrong way driving collisions.
Whatever the cause of the accident, wrong way drivers are liable for the loss victims sustain in accidents.
If you have been Injured in a Wrong Way Driving Accident, Contact the Philadelphia Car Accident Lawyers at McCann & Wall, LLC
One of the most important steps you can take after suffering injuries or losses in a wrong way driving accident is to retain legal counsel as quickly as possible. After the dust has cleared and you have received medical treatment, call the Philadelphia personal injury lawyers at McCann & Wall, LLC. By scheduling a free consultation, you have the opportunity to discuss your case with one of our experienced Philadelphia wrong way driving accident attorneys.
During the free consultation, you will receive insight into how our attorneys can help you pursue the maximum compensation possible for all of your losses, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Ongoing treatment costs
- Loss of a loved one’s potential income
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of consortium
Contact us online or call our office at 215-569-8488 or 302-888-1221 to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced Philadelphia car accident lawyers.