Experienced Media Personal Injury Lawyers
While you fight to regain your health, we will fight for you
At McCann and Wall, LLC, our Media personal injury lawyers know there’s no such thing as a minor injury. While they’re not catastrophic, strains, sprains, broken bones, concussions and similar injuries can keep you out of work and limit your participation in essential daily activities. Serious, life-threatening and permanent injuries clearly present more significant problems. When someone else is to blame, our skilled lawyers fight to get the compensation you deserve. We handle various accident and injury claims including but not limited to the following:
- Bicycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Car accidents
- Construction accidents
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Products liability
- Slip and fall accidents
- Train accidents
- Truck accidents
- Work injuries
- Wrongful death
Factors that determine how we handle your personal injury case
Getting hurt is bad enough. The last thing you need is to worry about whether or not you can or should take legal action. During your first meeting, our attorneys provide an honest assessment of your situation to make that decision easier. Here are some of the things we’ll discuss:
- The legal definition of a personal injury – An unintentional injury directly resulting from someone else’s negligence, recklessness or general failure to exercise “reasonable care.”
- When and where you got hurt – In Pennsylvania, you must file a personal injury lawsuit against any private party or parties within two years. If you were hurt on public property, the deadline for notifying a city, county or state government agency that you intend to sue is six months.
- How you were injured – In order to reach an appropriate settlement or win at trial, the lawyer representing you must prove it is highly likely that the defendant caused your injuries.
What can I sue for and how much will I get?
Large awards and settlements in personal injury cases generate lots of headlines. But not everyone gets them. Instead, financial compensation varies drastically from case to case, depending on the circumstances of each one. Reparation is generally awarded for:
- Medical costs – Including any initial treatment, hospitalization, rehabilitation services and so on.
- Loss of income – The money you would have made if you weren’t injured.
- Pain and suffering – For any immediate and/or prolonged discomfort stemming from your injury that affects your ability to work or engage in daily activities.
- Emotional distress – For anxiety, depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) or similar issues proven to stem from the incident that also caused the physical injury.
Here are a couple of things you should also keep in mind. Under Pennsylvania law, your culpability in the incident that resulted in your injury, if any, affects the amount of money you can ultimately recover. However, there are no restrictions on what kind of compensation you can get.
If You’ve been Hurt, Call the Hard-Working Media Personal Injury Lawyers at McCann & Wall, LLC
Coping with an injury isn’t easy, especially if you’re unable to work or take care of yourself. At McCann & Wall, LLC, our Media personal injury lawyers understand the pain you’re going through, so contact us online to schedule a free consultation today. If you prefer to speak with someone, we can also be reached by phone at 215-569-8488 or 302-888-1221.