Media Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Offer Experienced Legal Representation for Injured Victims
We provide aggressive advocacy when you need it most
In spite of the inherent risk involved, the lure of the open road and freedom associated with motorcycle culture has attracted enthusiasts for decades. Thanks to public awareness efforts, safety campaigns and the implementation of helmet laws, the activity is now relatively safe. While the danger has been reduced, it has not been entirely eliminated, however. At McCann & Wall, LLC, our Media motorcycle accident lawyers represent riders who have been hurt in collisions with other motorists – often through no fault of their own.
Motorcyclists who do not wear helmets are more likely to die in accidents
State law mandates that motorcycle riders age 21 and younger wear helmets that meet certain regulatory standards. Although Pennsylvania’s motorcycle helmet law is optional for older riders who meet particular criteria, recent statistics demonstrate that helmet use benefits operators and passengers of all ages. In 2016 alone:
- There were more than 3,400 motorcycle crashes in Pennsylvania.
- Both the total number of accidents and the number of fatalities statewide increased compared to 2015.
- Motorcycle crashes in Pennsylvania claimed the lives of both drivers and passengers.
- Of the total number of motorcyclists involved in crashes here, more than 1,400 were not wearing helmets.
- Of the riders who were not wearing helmets, 94 died and more than 1,200 were injured. Only 136 were unharmed.
Furthermore, national data compiled for the same year shows:
- Motorcycle accidents caused the deaths of more than 4,900 riders.
- Of the riders killed in motorcycle crashes, 38% were not wearing helmets.
Taking the proper precautions can reduce your risk of getting hurt or killed
While some accidents are difficult or impossible to avoid, there are some simple steps you can take to lessen the risk of dying or being injured in a motorcycle crash. The Pennsylvania Department of Motor Vehicles recommends:
- Doing a thorough inspection of your motorcycle to make sure everything is in working order before hitting the road.
- Wearing clothing and equipping your motorcycle with accessories specifically designed to enhance visibility.
- Wearing a helmet and a shield or similar device to protect your eyes even if you are not required to do so by law.
- Wearing clothing that will protect you in the event of a crash or fall.
- Avoiding the temptation to engage in reckless behavior such as speeding, weaving in and out of traffic and riding in another motorist’s blind spot.
- Staying off the road if you’re tired, if you’ve had anything to drink or your reflexes are compromised in any other way.
- Knowing and following all traffic laws, especially those that apply specifically to motorcycles.
- Riding in a safe area where your exposure to traffic is limited until you are confident enough to do so on busy streets and highways.
Media Motorcycle Accident Lawyers from McCann & Wall, LLC get Compensation for Motorcycle Accident Victims
Finding a successful attorney who is well versed in the nuances of motorcycle accident law isn’t always easy, but it is key to winning your case or getting a lucrative settlement. Schedule a free consultation with the Media personal injury lawyers at McCann & Wall, LLC, online or give us a call today at 215-569-8488 or 302-888-1221 . We represent clients in Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, including Philadelphia, Chester County, Delaware County and Montgomery County.